If you have noticed a theme, I love Mexican food. This recipe is very similar to the Mexican Quinoa Salad, but the grain gives a very different taste. I think when I was originally introduced to both of these salads, they were very different, but I took ideas from both and combined them. To be honest, if I could choose just one to eat, it would be this one! I think quinoa is better for you, but I love the way the Isreali couscous tastes in this mix.
- 1 cup Israeli Couscous
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 heaping cup of frozen organic yellow corn
- handful of sliced tomatoes
- handful of chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- green salsa
- 1 avocado chopped into bite size pieces
- Cook the Israeli Couscous according to the package directions.
- Once cooked, add black beans and frozen corn to hot pot to warm up.
- In a large bowl combine the red bell pepper, tomatoes, cilantro, salsa and lime juice. Mix together. Add the Israeli Couscous mixture and toss together.
- Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust lime juice and salsa if needed. Before serving, add chopped avocado.